Team Set-up Guide
Before Requesting a New Team
- Familiarize yourself with what a team is, and the purpose of a team. https://data.uiowa.edu/help/article/campus-data-basics?src=q#data-teams
- To the extent possible, evaluate the list of existing teams to ensure the new team will not be a duplicate.
- Go to https://data.uiowa.edu/find/explore
- Review the list of teams already available in the Team dropdown
To Request a New Team
- Click Help
- Click Contact Support.
- Select I want to setup a data team.
- Provide the desired name of the team (make sure that the team name is sufficiently unique) and the person who will be the team contact/administrator.
- Click Send Message.
To Configure Your New Team
- Click Teams (your new team should appear in the team list)
- Select the team you want to administer. You should see 5 tabs.
- Attributes: This where you can change your team name, update the team contact, provide a meaningful description of the team, and provide a link to your team web site.
- Members: This is where you can add team members and configure their roles. (See table below.)
- Data: Once you publish data in this team, you will see the data items listed here.
- Groups: These are all the "Team Groups" created/owned by your team.
- Requests: These are all the requests submitted by users that are owned by your team.
When adding members to your team, use the following as a guide for assigning appropriate roles.
- Member: If you add someone to the team, and do not check any of the "Role" boxes, they are a standard member. They can access a team's data items and documentation.
- Support: Receives and processes data requests (including access requests). Can respond to customer requests on the Request tab.
- Developer: Has the ability to maintain API credentials.
- Publisher: Can publish data items on behalf of the team. This is what causes the "Publish" option to appear on the Campus Data menu.
- Approver: Receives and processes data requests (including access requests).
- Steward: Can review and approve new warehouse access requests.
- Admin: Can modify team attributes, add new team members, and assign roles to team members.